Telio is using technology and data to build Vietnam’s largest B2B commerce platform. The country’s large, unorganized traditional retail sector accounts for almost 85% of FMCG sales. Telio connects small, traditional retailers with brands and wholesalers on a centralized platform. By aggregating demand, Telio is able to provide small retailers with more choice, better pricing and more efficient logistics through economies of scale. For brands and wholesalers, Telio offers more efficient turnover, reduced costs and better end-customer level data. Telio was founded by a serial entrepreneurial team with strong experience in tech, retail, logistics and financial services. Telio’s founder SyPhong founded two other companies in Vietnam before starting Telio. SyPhong drew inspiration for Telio after being selected for the Alibaba Leadership Program in 2018 and learning about the much-advanced B2B landscape in China and India.
Telio belongs to one of the first investments of Sequoia Capital in Vietnam‘s soil, and has raised a total of USD 26.5million from Tiger Global Management, Sequoia Capital India, GGV Capital and RTP Global in two financing rounds.Telio is on course to become Vietnam’s largest B2B trading platform.
We are deeply passionate about B2B commerce and are eager to leverage the power of technology and data to create Vietnam’s biggest B2B trading platform. In pursuit of this objective, we are always looking for excellent team members to join our geographically distributed technology team to fulfill this great vision.
More information Telio:
Position: Data Engineer
Hanoi: Floor 6, VAD building, 154 Nguyen Thai Hoc,Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Ha Noi
HCM: Floor 7, 36 Phan Dang Luu, Ward 6, Binh Thanh Dictrict
Working hours: 8h00 - 17h30 (Monday - Friday) - Tech team can be much more flexible! Just enjoy your performance here ;)
About the role:
Data Engineers at Telio help build and maintain data warehouse solutions to solve real customer and business problems using data. As a Data Engineer you will have the opportunity to conceptualise and combine raw information from different sources that help in solving for the complexities that come with building Vietnam’s largest B2B platform.
- Build and maintain Telio’s DWH solution using AWS Redshift
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business’s data needs and objectives
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data analysts, data scientists and architects on several projects
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as data engineer.
- Hands on experience with AWS Redshift DWH
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design.
- Strong Knowledge of Spark & Python / Java (more than one).
- Must have working knowledge of at least one SQL DB (MySQL, Postgres, Redshift) and NoSql DB (MongoDb, Redis, DynamoDB etc).
- Designing, building, installing, configuring, monitoring and supporting Batch/ Stream data-processing jobs/scripts.
- Data backup/ extraction/ processing/ preparation methods and storage frameworks/ structures (full as well as incremental)
- Knowledge on Kafka, Data streams is an added advantage.
- Pattern matching and data manipulation/ filtering operators in shell/ SQL/ NoSQL is essential knowledge.
- Data mining, data analytics and prototyping data pipeline experience is an added advantage.
- Experience with Data Pipeline tools like Hevo Data is an added advantage.
- Experience working with geographically distributed multi-cultural teams.
- Experience working in fast paced agile environments or start-up companies.
- Salary: Upto $3000
- Insurance package aligned with Vietnamese law
- Annual company trip
- Granted facilities