Telio is using technology and data to build Vietnam’s largest B2B commerce platform. The country’s large,
unorganized traditional retail sector accounts for almost 85% of FMCG sales. Telio connects small, traditional
retailers with brands and wholesalers on a centralized platform. By aggregating demand, Telio is able to provide
small retailers with more choice, better pricing and more efficient logistics through economies of scale. For brands
and wholesalers, Telio offers more efficient turnover, reduced costs and better end-customer level data. Telio was
founded by a serial entrepreneurial team with strong experience in tech, retail, logistics and financial services. Telio’s
founder SyPhong founded two other companies in Vietnam before starting Telio. SyPhong drew inspiration for Telio
after being selected for the Alibaba Leadership Program in 2018 and learning about the much-advanced B2B
landscape in China and India.
Telio belongs to one of the first investments of Sequoia Capital in Vietnam‘s soil, and has raised a total of USD 26.5
million from Tiger Global Management, Sequoia Capital India, GGV Capital and RTP Global in two financing rounds.
Telio is on course to become Vietnam’s largest B2B trading platform.
We are deeply passionate about B2B commerce and are eager to leverage the power of technology and data to
create Vietnam’s biggest B2B trading platform. In pursuit of this objective, we are always looking for excellent team
members to join our geographically distributed technology team to fulfill this great vision.
Learn more about Telio:
Position: Derector of Engineering
Reporting line Directly report to CTO
Address : Floor 6, VAD building, 154 Nguyen Thai Hoc, Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Ha Noi
Form: Staff full time
Time work: 8h00 - 17h30 (Monday - Friday)
About the role:
Directors at Telio are leaders who handle big independent charters and create products of the highest standards to
solve real customer and business problems creating significant impact. As a Director of Engineering you will have the
opportunity to conceptualise and implement innovative technology products that help in solving for complexities
that come with building Vietnam’s largest B2B platform.
Our leaders demonstrate strong technology grounding, a diverse set of technical skills and leadership qualities. They
have a big picture view of business problems, collaborate across functions in a geographically distributed setup,
demonstrate product thinking and are passionate about solving real problems that matter for the business.
● Scope and lead independent technical charters with enormous impact across many teams at Telio
● Lead by example, mentor and guide team members on everything from structured problem solving to
development best practices
● Collaborate with stakeholders across disciplines like product, design, and business
● Participate in deciding your team’s roadmap in collaboration with Management and Product teams
● Collaborate effectively with product managers towards building the right features
● Estimate and manage deliveries of features in a predictable manner
● Continuously contribute to improving our technology ecosystem, libraries, frameworks, utilities and
● Collaborate, mentor and guide team members as needed
● Lead recruitment of high-quality engineers for our technology teams
● Strive to be an inspirational leader and promote performance culture
● Minimum of 10 years of software development experience
● Must have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of shipping high quality products
● Track record of building and managing strong technology teams of 20+ people
● Strong expertise in designing complex frontend and backend applications using cutting edge technologies
like Kafka, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch etc.
● Strong expertise with both SQL and NoSQL databases
Java, Kotlin, React/React Native, NodeJS etc.
● Substantial experience in building complex and high performance web scale systems using microservices
● Strong object-oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design
intuitive module and class-level interfaces
● The ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, maintainable solutions to complex problems
● Experience working with geographically distributed multi-cultural teams
● Experience working in fast paced agile environments or start-up companies
● Experience with dev ops - AWS, CI/CD
● Understanding of security principles and possible attacks
● Salary: Competitive
● Insurance package aligned with Vietnamese law
● Annual company trip
● Granted facilities