Telio is using technology and data to build Vietnam’s largest B2B commerce platform. The country’s large, unorganized traditional retail sector accounts for almost 85% of FMCG sales. Telio connects small, traditional retailers with brands and wholesalers on a centralized platform. By aggregating demand, Telio is able to provide small retailers with more choice, better pricing and more efficient logistics through economies of scale. For brands and wholesalers, Telio offers more
efficient turnover, reduced costs and better end-customer level data. Telio was founded by a serial entrepreneurial team with strong experience in tech, retail, logistics and financial services. Telio’s founder SyPhong founded two other companies in Vietnam before starting Telio. SyPhong drew inspiration for Telio after being selected for the Alibaba Leadership Program in 2018 and learning about the much-advanced B2B landscape in China and India.
Telio belongs to one of first investments of Sequoia Capital in Vietnam‘s soil, and has raised total of USD 26.5 million from Tiger Global Management, Sequoia Capita India, GGV Capital and RTP Global in two financing rounds. Telio is on course to become Vietnam’s largest B2B trading platform. We are deeply passionate about B2B commerce and are eager to leverage the power of technology and data to create Vietnam’s biggest B2B trading platform. In pursuit of this objective, we are always looking for excellent team members to join our geographically distributed technology team to fulfill this great vision.
Learn more about Telio:
About the role:
Lead Engineers at Telio create products of the highest standards to solve real customer and business problems. As a Lead Engineer you will have the opportunity to conceptualise and implement innovative technology products that help in solving for complexities that come with building Vietnam’s largest B2B platform.
Our Lead engineers demonstrate strong technology grounding, a diverse set of technical skills and leadership qualities. They have big picture view of business problems, collaborate across functions in a geographically distributed setup, demonstrate product thinking and are passionate about solving real problems that matter for the business.
- Research, Design and Develop highly reliable, available and scalable web-scale distributed microservices based systems
- Lead by example, mentor and guide team members on everything from structured problem solving to development best practices
- Participate in deciding your team’s roadmap in collaboration with Management and Product teams
- Collaborate effectively with product managers towards building the right features
- Estimate and manage deliveries of features in a predictable manner
- Continuously contribute to improving our technology ecosystem, libraries, frameworks, utilities and services
- Collaborate, mentor and guide team members as needed
- Minimum of 6 years of software development experience
- Strong expertise in designing complex frontend and backend applications using cutting edge technologies like Kafka, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch etc.
- Strong expertise with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Substantial experience in building complex and high performance web scale systems using microservices
- Strong object-oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
- The ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, maintainable solutions to complex problems
- Experience leading multi-engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience working with geographically distributed multi-cultural teams
- Experience working in fast paced agile environments or start-up companies
- Good to have knowledge of Android, Kotlin, Golang etc.
- Experience working in any cloud platform like AWS, Google cloud etc.
- Good to have prior knowledge of containers using docker and Kubernetes.
- Fluency in English + Vietnamese along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Salary: Competitive
- Insurance package aligned with Vietnamese law
- Annual company trip
- Granted facilities